VISION & MISSION
Premier center of excellence in higher education, research and innovation, and expression for development of languages and other branches of learning, and creation of new knowledge
The mission of the National University of Modern Languages is to establish, sustain and enhance itself as a quality-centric higher education institution that provides excellent academic environment and opportunities for creating educated, productive, and responsible citizens of Pakistan and the global citizenry through intellectual, personal and professional growth.
To advance its pristine vision and mission of creating educated, productive and responsible citizens, the university shall focus its efforts on 3 goals: high student achievement and success, institutional and competitive excellence, and responsible public service. These interrelated goals will be facilitated by adopting the following means: distinguished intellectuals as faculty who challenge and mentor students to attain their fullest potential; talented, desirous and promising students who are devoted to the pursuit and advancement of knowledge; broad-based quality programs; state-of-the-art facilities and new trends in e-learning and information communication technologies; exemplary administration and qualified administrative staff dedicated to the highest professional standards and service; that thus share a common vision and an integral commitment to continuous improvement at all levels and to ensure competitive excellence and international compatibility.
This comprehensive mission statement applies to all branches of the university, and through them, it seeks to:
- Create a positive and proactive educational environment where quality applicants as students, faculty of competent, dedicated intellectuals, and efficient administration and staff members make valuable contributions to knowledge transfer and knowledge creation
- Provide excellent, accessible and affordable learning opportunities including new trends in e-learning and information communication technologies, and educational experiences to serious and motivated undergraduate, graduate and professional students and researchers in the pursuit of knowledge in areas of personal, professional and special interest, thereby preparing them for their educative and productive roles and responsibilities as Pakistani and global citizens
- Engage education that imagines learning is inextricably connected to social change, and promotes co-curricular spaces as active seats of learning
- Cultivate the practice of highest moral and ethical values and principles of trust and authenticity, integrity and ingeniousness, creativity and critical capacity as attitude, conviction and compassion necessary for exercising civic courage, taking risks and struggles, and establishing social relations as preparation for public discourse and public life
- Encourage excellent, innovative research that posits the discovery, dissemination, and application of knowledge
- Promote language development across diverse seats of language learning, and an increased enhancement of diverse programs and disciplines and curriculum through emphasis on Technology and advanced information literacy across curriculum
- Enhance specialized market based courses and research opportunities in areas of Social Sciences, Mass Communication, Business Studies, International Relations, Engineering and its sub fields and Information Technology and other disciplines.
- Create pedagogical conditions and spaces that empower both teachers and students with many ways of understanding the world, and consequently, engage in the creation of new knowledge, new ideas and practices that come with multiple references and can thus, mobilize their hopes for active participation in the global community and for the future
- Create pedagogical practices that characterize not only the enlargement of mind but the open exchange of ideas, thought, inquiry, dialogue, and material conditions for the expression of individual and social freedom, as well developing a language of critique and possibility
- Prepare and equip graduates for their futures in the world of work or furthering of education to make significant contributions in the development of Pakistani society and the global community
- Encourage personal and professional growth, dynamic work culture, and support healthy working environment as an exemplary employer, where its faculty and administrative staff feel valued and fulfilled
- Create an ever larger community of supporters, and an endowment including stakeholders that support and perpetuate constant innovation and progress